Just as the first day of summer begins around the third week of June, so launches updated editions of the guide that has been helping truck drivers navigate North America for decades, Rand McNally’s Motor Carriers’ Road Atlas.
The 2020 edition of the atlas – available in paperback, and a version with laminated pages and a spiral binding – released for sale today. The atlases are available at travel centers, in bookstores and on e-commerce stores, and at https://store.randmcnally.com
Although technological innovation in the commercial transportation sector continues at a meteoric pace, professional drivers still count on the printed annual edition to provide the big picture and a fail-safe backup for truck-accessible routing, state trucking regulations, and cross-country tolling information. That’s why the atlases, year-after-year, elicit five-star reviews for accuracy, dependability, and ease of use.
“The Motor Carriers’ Road Atlas is an essential item that drivers keep in their truck cabs,” said Stephen Fletcher, CEO of Rand McNally. “Although Rand McNally provides advanced fleet management and logistics technology, it’s also critical to our customers that we provide updated and upgraded atlases each year.”
This year, the atlases include:
- Revised U.S. state and Canadian province maps;
- Updated restricted routes, low-clearance, and weigh station locations;
- An updated fuel tax chart as well as revised state and province information including weight and size limitations, registration guidelines, and phone numbers and websites for state police and operating authorities;
- Hotlines for road construction and conditions;
- Updated toll system contact information for each state;
- And, an updated review of Hazardous Materials (Hazmat) regulations.
In addition, the atlases feature fresh new covers that celebrate the truck and the open road. Learn more at www.randmcnally.com/motor-carriers-road-atlas