Throughout 2022, the Government of Canada worked on several commitments to the trucking industry to help secure the supply chain.
While much progress has been made, the Canadian Trucking Alliance continued to echo the need to continue working with the sector to secure the supply chain.
Key items in CTA’s recent 2023 prebudget submission, include:
- Institutionalized training funding for the trucking industry;
- Driver Inc enforcement on both labour and tax evasion abuses;
- Actioning Supply Chain Task Force Recommendations;
- Environmental Action Plan for Trucking Industry;
- Investment in Border Programs and Technologies;
- Rest Stop Investment along Trans-Canada Highway;
“CTA has outlined a plan for continued collaboration between our industry and Ottawa, which will build upon the progress we are making to strengthen our sector and, by extension, the entire supply chain that relies on the trucking industry’s critical services, said CTA Chair Greg Munden.
Please follow and like us: