Have you heard, the TTSAO Carrier Group in conjunction with the TTSAO Insurance Group are hosting a virtual meeting on Wednesday November 25th, 2020 from 10:00 am – 11:00 am? On the agenda is the Insurance Group talking about the pros and cons of a finishing program and what your insurer think? The Carrier Group will be discussing “Best Practices for a Carrier’s Finishing Program when bringing on new drivers”.
I am excited about being elected as the interim Chairperson for the TTSAO Carrier Group. Having said that I know there is a lot of work ahead for me in the short time before the annual election. If you know me, you know that whatever I get behind I am passionate about. I am passionate about our industry and doing my small part to make it better. I take on this role so that our member’s voices are heard and that we bring to the table value at each meeting in person or virtual. I have had a few conversations with carriers in the short time in this position and I hear this over and over, “What is the value I get for attending the meeting”?
Let us break down the value for you for attending this meeting. Lisa Arseneau, in my humble opinion is an industry expert when it comes to commercial insurance. Lisa is also incredibly passionate about making our industry better and to offer help and to carriers who are struggling to become better. Lisa is a great speaker and is very engaging and is not afraid to ask the tough questions.
The Carrier Group, what are the first steps you take with you on board a new driver out of the school? Let us talk about what your finishing program looks like, anything you need to improve, anything you want to share to help a company that is not yet at your level? We will also be discussing the results of the survey monkey that was sent out and exploring what is important to a carrier. The questions were as follows.
- How important is a data bank that the TTSAO Carrier Group members can exclusively access with information on a new driver still in TTSAO Schools?
- How beneficial would it to develop a list of what carriers’ expectations are from the TTSAO and the Board of Directors?
- Is it valuable for the Carrier Group to have a template for when a carrier is looking for a driver they can give the school the pre-filled template of what the student can expect with their company (i.e. Home every night, over the Road, Hand Bomb, Pin to Pin)?
- How important is a minimum requirement related to a finishing program for carriers?
- Would it be beneficial to have guest speakers at our meetings from the industry to support their safety and recruiting needs or other areas deemed important from our group?
- Last share any other comments below.
As you can see in this short one-hour virtual meeting there will be a great deal covered from both the Insurance Group as well as the Carrier Group. I am looking for the support from Carriers to help revive this important group. Each company and individual can help make a difference. If you have not attended a meeting lately, spend an hour with us and let us prove our value.
Lastly did I mention there will be a draw for a $ 100.00 gift card for all those who have registered and are attending the meeting? As well, please send me a message(Gerald.email@example.com) as I welcome all thoughts and comments of how you would like to see the direction of the TTSAO Carrier Group going.
Please don’t delay and register for the next Carrier/Insurance Group Meeting on Wednesday November 25th, 2020 at 10:00 am to register contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you kindly, Gerald Carroll
Be Great! Be Safe!